We know that living smart with money and finances is a difficult task for students. For most of us, this is a new responsibility to undertake, especially for those who love to shop. But that’s where knowledge is power!
Many of our favorite stores and services offer discounts and specials to active college students for many products. From clothing to travel and food, there are great deals for students with a college ID (some even offer discounts for high school students) all over the place! We’ve searched and found 10 great stores or services that offer a student discount of some kind to help you save money. Look below to find out some of the deals:
1. Amazon Student: When you sign up for Amazon Student using a verified college email address (that’s a .edu), you will get the first 6 months of Amazon Prime for free including free 2-day shipping and free streaming of Prime Instant Video. Once the 6 months are up, it is 50% off the regular Prime cost for up to 4 years. There are also exclusive deals for textbooks and dorm room essentials. If you haven’t already you can easily sign up for Prime benefits!
2. New York Times: One of the most respected newspapers in the world is right here in New York. The New York Times offers students $1 subscriptions to help keep up-to-date with what is happening in the world of news, politics, culture, sports, and more. The New York Times also makes for a great research source!
3. J. Crew: Anyone going on a job interview, whether it is for Residential Life at your university or for jobs post-graduation, will require new business attire. In order to look professional, a blazer is a must and I can tell you those do not come cheap. J. Crew offer students 15% off their in-store purchase with a valid college ID, so fill your closet with some modern fashion must-haves.
4. Topshop: Refine your appearance with some trendy British style. From clothing to shoes, accessories, and beauty supplies, Topshop offers 10% off your purchase when you sign up for their free Student Beans Account. Signing up is free and takes less than 2 minutes to help you shop at one of the trendiest stores to date.
5. Apple: Everything is on the computer these days, and technology advances faster than many of us can keep track of. Students can stay current when they show ANY student ID and get up to 15% off a new Mac and 5% off iPad. With more than 20 Apple Stores scattered around New York State, buying and tech support options are close by for many students. Take advantage of this discount to stay current with the latest computing technologies.
6. State Farm: Keeping those grades up can now save you money. State Farm insurance offers a “Good Student” discount which gets you 25% off auto insurance for good grades. Whether you pay for your own insurance or your parents pay for you, there is a significant discount for getting good grades. This discount is valid after you graduate until you turn 25 years old!
7. TrailwaysNY: Sometimes you need to have a little off-campus fun. No matter which SUNY campus you may be on, there’s an opportunity to get to a town or city far away in New York with Trailways Bus. Students who use a valid ID can get a 15% discount on their travel. Hop on board and go see a show, game, or other entertainment in New York City, Syracuse, Buffalo, Albany, or some other interesting location.
8. TCBY: TCBY offers 15% off with ANY student ID. We could all use some sweetness every now and again, so with this discount, you can get your frozen yogurt at a lower price all year long, including those yummy toppings!
9. Chipotle: One of the most popular food chains in the country is Chipotle. Whether you get a burrito wrapped in a tortilla or in a bowl, you can get a free drink with a valid student ID when you purchase a burrito. So make sure to flash the student ID next time you decide to get your Mexican food fix.
10. Adobe Creative Cloud: Even if your major isn’t in design or multimedia, there’s a good chance you can make use of Adobe products. From image editing with Photoshop, PDF printing and editing, video and audio editing, and more, all these solutions are made available through the cloud by Adobe. Students can get a discount of up to 60% off on more than 20 Adobe software options with a full Creative Cloud account, or go with the photography suite for an even cheaper option. Let your creative side shine this semester.
There are many deals out there for students and it never hurts to ask your favorite store if they have a student discount. Chances are they do!
January 9, 2017
Join the Conversation: